Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Holidays everybody!
First of all, if you were directed here from twitter, I want to let you know that I try my very best to read your tweets. You post a lot (A LOT!) of great information and news (you're where I'd say I get about 40% of my news.) , and I DO appreciate your dedication and I hope you find my posts as interesting as I find yours.

Today I want to share my thoughts on where we will be a year from now (in the vein of Doug Kass):

Increased regulation will stifle earnings growth for financials, and their stocks will be reduced to dividend paying, lending utilities.

Dollar value fluctuates but ultimately ends up around where it is today.

Ford Motors will emerge as the dominant automotive company in the US.

Interest rates rise earlier than expected.

Jobs recover! (maybe wishful thinking, but hey! it's the holidays!)

Afghanistan will be a mess.

Crude will cost $90 per barrel.

25% of movies are in 3D, making the theaters more fasionable again.

New home sales do not recover at a sufficient pace.

Provided we're in the right place, we'll have another great year in the market.


I'm willing to defend my positions! ;) and I'm always ready to hear other opinions.
What do you think? How full is the glass for you next year?
Comment or email me at sambarad@gmail.com
-Samba

Note: Starting next year, I will be posting my top 3 positions, my analysis, and any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment